The Bioneers YPC is responsible for coordinating the Youth Leadership Program. The ideal candidate supports the Bioneers mission and has a passion for environmental and social justice related education, and youth leadership development.
The Bioneers Youth Leadership Program promotes informed, solutions-based activism and leadership development for youth in the social justice and environmental movements. The program helps develop skills, and promotes networking and alliances among young leaders and aspiring activists through intergenerational and peer-to-peer mentoring, networking, interactive workshops, and participatory projects.
YPC Reports to:
Arty Mangan, Director of the Restorative Food Systems Program and supervisor of the Youth Leadership Program
The YPC is responsible for the following administrative responsibilities:
- Managing and awarding youth scholarships per program guidelines
- Conducting scholarship and participant outreach to youth/activist organizations, schools environmental organizations, etc.
- Database and youth registration management
- Procuring food/meal donations to feed the youth at the conference
- Participation in and coordination with the conference production team
- Gathering and summarizing evaluation feedback, ideas and outcomes
- Writing a year-end program report
- Fundraising and grant writing
- Developing strategic partners
- Helping to expand the program by developing year round activities
- Other Youth Leadership Program and conference activities as needed
The YPC is responsible for coordinating youth program production at the conference including:
- Working with our youth program partner organizations to formalize and oversee our agreements
- Coordinating and leading an orientation for youth attendees at the conference
- Coordinating, hosting and facilitating activities and workshops in the Youth Tent
- Managing all logistics at the Youth Tent, including volunteers.
Interested applicants should apply through this site or send an email with attached resume and cover letter to careers [at] bioneers [dot] org.
Desired Skills and Experience
Administrative and technical
The YPC should be organized and technologically proficient with comprehensive knowledge regarding office machines, MS Office Suite (especially Excel), Mac OS, Skype, browser functionality, email applications (especially Google Mail), Google Docs, and capable of learning various database systems.
The YPC should be articulate, respectful and professional in all written and verbal communications. The YPC serves as the liaison between Bioneers and all Youth Program attendees, partners and organizations, and therefore must be professional in their relationship building and nurturing with people leading up to, during and after the conference.
Education and Experience
The YPC should possess a high school diploma or equivalent. 1 to 2 years of administrative support experience is a plus. Nonprofit and event management experience is a plus.
Candidate would ideally be located in the San Francisco Bay Area. This position requires extended periods in front of a computer.
Hours: Full time. Candidate must be available onsite for the week of the Bioneers conference (3rd weekend in October) from Wed through Sunday of the conference.
About this company
Bioneers is an innovative nonprofit educational organization that highlights breakthrough solutions for restoring people and planet. Founded in 1990 in Santa Fe, New Mexico by social entrepreneurs Kenny Ausubel and Nina Simons, Bioneers has acted as a fertile hub of social and scientific innovators with practical and visionary solutions for the world’s most pressing environmental and social challenges. A celebration of the genius of nature and human ingenuity, Bioneers connects people with breakthrough solutions and each other.
Our acclaimed annual national and local conferences are complemented by extensive media outreach including an award-‐winning radio series, book series, and role in media projects such as Leonardo DiCaprio’s film The 11th Hour. Our programs further focus on Women’s Leadership, Indigenous Wisdom, Community Resilience Networks, and Leadership Development and Youth. Learn more at www.bioneers.org and www.conference.bioneers.org.
Bioneers is an Equal Opportunity Employer