Office Manager Job Posting
Bioneers is seeking an Office Manager for our San Francisco office. This position is responsible for overall front office activities, including the reception area, arranging and coordinating meetings, managing the facility and office related vendor contracts.
The Office Manager is also responsible for providing excellent customer service, to include internal, constituency, vendors, and conference-centric customers. The position also provides support pre-during and post conference-centric production, coordinates the conference related Change Maker’s Fair and manages the Bioneers online store.
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Oversee the smooth operation of the office including maintaining office equipment, phone systems, office supplies, manage the reception area, coordinate meetings, process and distribute mail and manage the facilities day-to-day operations (such as distributing building access keys and back-up to security access cards, etc.).
- Manage office related vendor accounts such as custodial contract, phone and internet connections and manage contracts and new vendor selection.
- Provide support for onboarding process for new hires, and orientation for interns and volunteers.
- Participates as needed in special department or company projects.
- Provide and uphold excellent customer service to both our constituency and customer base, to our vendors and contractors, and internally within the teamwork environment.
- Manage incoming calls and sales leads, and provide support in meeting conference-centric customer service and registration (Note that this role is a primary responsibility of this position).
- Keep records of customer interactions, phone calls, process customer accounts and file documents.
- Assist conference production team with registrations and addressing customer service inquiries.
- Planning, coordinating and executing the creation of an on-site Bioneers office during the duration of the annual conference.
Change Maker’s Fair Coordinator:
- Coordinate and manage all aspects of the Change Maker’s Fair for the annual conference.
Online Store Management:
- Create, implement and manage an inventory and purchasing system to track online store sales, execute online retail sales process, produce monthly sales reports and create promotional packages for increasing sales.
BA/BS Degree preferred but not required.
3-5 years of experience in office management and administration.
2-4 years customer service experience.
2-3 years retail experience.
Strong experience in office management, retail and customer service.
Strong proficiency with PC/Mac platforms, Microsoft Office, intranet working platforms, and sales software.
Budgeting, vendor and contract management, and event planning experience.
Daily supervision provided by the Executive Director.
The successful candidate for this position will be creative, flexible and have excellent project management and organizational skills. Professional and diplomatic problem-solving skills and demeanor is a priority.
This position is based out of Bioneers headquarters, located in The Presidio, San Francisco. This is a full-time position and work days and hours are Monday thru Friday 8:30am-5pm. We work in a shared and open work environment. Physical Requirements: This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds. This role will be expected to participate and perform during the Bioneers annual conference.
Founded in 1990, Bioneers acts as a fertile hub of social and scientific innovators with practical and visionary solutions for the world’s most pressing environmental and social challenges. Bioneers connects people with solutions and each other to create a revolution from the heart of nature.
Bioneers illuminates the leading edges of transformational change and “the greatest people you’ve never heard of.” Our acclaimed national and local conferences are complemented by media outreach, including our award-winning radio and podcast series, The Bioneers: Revolution From the Heart of Nature. We provide a platform for communities of color, indigenous peoples and women leaders whose voices may seldom be heard elsewhere. Now in its 27th year, the Bioneers conference (c. 3,000 people annually) is a perennial wellspring of cutting-edge content and dynamic, diverse voices that supply the primary source for our public education and media outreach a focal point to build community and collaboration.
As a community of leadership, Bioneers acts as a media amplifier for many respected leaders, a hatchery for young and emerging leaders, and a connection point for engaged citizens dedicated to making a difference. As an interdisciplinary network of networks, we span the arc of the human endeavor to reconcile the interdependence of human and natural systems. Learn more at http://www.bioneers.org.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and an updated CV / resume with salary history in order to be considered. Please send applications as PDFs or Word attachments.
Please include your last name and the position title in the subject line, and send applications to: Human Resources Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
NO AGENCIES or CONSULTANTS or THIRD-PARTY SERVICES or INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS. No phone calls or email to the office or principal’s, please.
Thank you for your time and consideration! We look forward to hearing from you.
Bioneers // Collective Heritage Institute is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.