Bioneers is seeking a part-time Office Assistant to provide administrative and leasing liaison support for our Santa Fe, New Mexico Bioneers office. In addition to administrative work such as filing, scheduling office tours, working with leasing agent, this position performs duties such as ordering supplies, managing storage facility, billing office tenants for copy machine use, administrative, scheduling, and travel support for the CEO, and working on special projects that may arise. This position deals with a diverse group of important, sensitive and external inquiries, customers, and visitors as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization, thus professional and diplomatic problem-solving skills and demeanor will be a priority. Independent and sound judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and order office supplies
- Manage photocopier lease
- Works in cooperation with the I/T and Media Administration to address internet and phone system issues that may arise
- Sorts and distributes mail. Drafts written responses or replies by phone or e-mail when necessary. Responds to regularly occurring requests for information
- Organizes and prioritizes moderate volumes of information and calls and provides support in meeting conference-centric customer service and registration
- Acts as a liaison with other departments and outside agencies, including high-level staff such as CEOs, presidents, senior vice presidents and chiefs. Handles confidential and non-routine information
- Plays secondary role with the Online Store Fulfillment and Inventory, as needed
- Provide and uphold excellent customer service to both our constituency and customer base, to our vendors and contractors, and internally within the teamwork environment
- Maintain kitchen, trash, recycling and watering of plants
- Periodic engagement of office cleaning crew
- Coordinate office relocation by the end of 2018
- Provide administrative support to the VP of Finance and Administration to coordinate office space rental
- Maintain communication with leasing agent and coordinate office tours for potential tenants
- Manage the billing for sub-tenant’s use of copying machine
- Prepare the lease for new tenants, set up internet and copy machine access
Administrative and travel support to CEO:
- Travel and lodging coordination
- Calendar scheduling support and tracking and facilitating meetings and deadlines
- Light filing
- Coordinating internal and external meetings
Conference Related Activities:
- Possible travel to Bioneers Annual Conference or phone support at Santa Fe, NM office.
Security access administration to the building:
- Define, implement and oversee security access protocol
- Manage and track office keys to ensure security access is maintained
- Maintain storage unit inventory and organization
- Prepare items for national conference
- Degree preferred but not required
- Minimum 2 years of experience with office administration and customer service
- Strong proficiency with PC/Mac platforms, Microsoft Office, intranet working platforms, and sales software.
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing, in various formats
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Excellent interpersonal skills that supports interaction with general public
Daily supervision provided by the Human Resources Manager and when needed, VP of Finance and Administration
The successful candidate for this position will be creative, flexible and organized. Professional and diplomatic problem-solving skills and demeanor is a priority This is a part-time position, 25 hours per week and work and days are Monday thru Friday 9am-2pm at the Bioneers office in Santa Fe, NM. Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Founded in 1990, Bioneers acts as a fertile hub of social and scientific innovators with practical and visionary solutions for the world’s most pressing environmental and social challenges. Bioneers connects people with solutions and each other to create a revolution from the heart of nature.
Bioneers illuminates the leading edges of transformational change and “the greatest people you’ve never heard of.” Our acclaimed national and local conferences are complemented by media outreach, including our award-winning radio and podcast series, The Bioneers: Revolution From the Heart of Nature. We provide a platform for communities of color, indigenous peoples and women leaders whose voices may seldom be heard elsewhere. Now in its 27th year, the Bioneers conference (c. 3,000 people annually) is a perennial wellspring of cutting-edge content and dynamic, diverse voices that supply the primary source for our public education and media outreach a focal point to build community and collaboration.
As a community of leadership, Bioneers acts as a media amplifier for many respected leaders, a hatchery for young and emerging leaders, and a connection point for engaged citizens dedicated to making a
difference. As an interdisciplinary network of networks, we span the arc of the human endeavor to reconcile the interdependence of human and natural systems. Learn more at http://www.bioneers.org.
For more background on our organization and priorities please see our 25th Anniversary Yearbook, “Seeing Around Corners: 25 Years of Visionary Leadership” And you can find our Online Press Kit: http://www.bioneers.org/online-press-kit/
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and an updated CV / resume with salary history in order to be considered. Please send applications as PDFs or Word attachments.
Please include your last name and the position title in the subject line, and send applications to: Human Resources Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
NO AGENCIES or CONSULTANTS or THIRD-PARTY SERVICES or INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS.
No phone calls or email to the office or principal’s, please.
Thank you for your time and consideration! We look forward to hearing from you.
Bioneers // Collective Heritage Institute is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.