Invest in an Inclusive, Diverse Movement for Change
Thanks to the financial partnership of the Bioneers community, we’re able to keep our annual conference accessible to all change makers through the John Mohawk Scholarship Fund.
Use Your Financial Power to Change Lives
“Life-changing.” That’s what we hear constantly from our electrified conference scholarship recipients: diverse young and emerging leaders, educators, students, community leaders, activists, and low-income change-makers who can participate only because of your financial partnership.
Growing the movement means having the right people in the room. You can ensure the diversity and inclusion of the Bioneers community—your scholarship fund gift will not only change lives, it may change the course of history.
- $750 covers a full youth scholarship, including a 3-day conference pass
- $500 covers a partial youth scholarship, including a 2-day conference pass
- $100 enables us to offer a discounted ticket to a teacher, student, senior, or other change maker with limited funds
- $50 provides three days of healthy meals for a youth scholarship recipient at the conference
What Your Gift Can Do
In 2014, we awarded 357 full and partial scholarships, plus 400 discounted tickets—but still had to turn away hundreds of committed change makers.
Our goal this year is to accommodate them all. To do that, we need your help.
Let’s set a new record and pay it forward to grow this community of leadership with the power of 500 fully-funded scholarships in 2015!
- Youth will engage for the full three days in skill sharing, leadership development, interactive workshops, networking and project collaborations.
- Educators and students will access critically needed sustainability materials and peer-to-peer learning for how to integrate them into annual lesson plans and education for action.
- Indigenous recipients will connect with leaders, youth and elders from tribal nations allover the country and world, and network with non-Native allies to grow the movement.
- Elders will interact and engage in co-mentoring relationships with young leaders that last well beyond the conference.
Give emerging and diverse leaders the opportunity to take part in the Bioneers Conference with your Scholarship Fund gift!
Who Was John Mohawk?
John Mohawk (Seneca) was a legendary activist, historian, writer, journalist, farmer, long-time Bioneers Board member, precious teacher and friend, along with his beloved wife Yvonne Dion-Buffalo (Samson Cree Band), also a Native American scholar and activist.
John was a committed and generous mentor who loved working with emerging leaders and supporting their development.
Diversity was also important to John, as evidenced by his tireless work to revitalize traditional crops like Iroquois White Corn.
He knew that diversity is where Nature gets her strength—and where communities and movements get their strength, too.
Through the John Mohawk Scholarship Fund, you can join us in carrying on his vision of a diverse and inclusive movement.
Honor John's memory with your scholarship gift!