Everywoman’s Leadership Program Director
Bioneers seeks a highly qualified candidate for a full-time staff role to lead and expand the reach of the Bioneers Everywoman’s Leadership (EL) Program. The Everywoman’s Leadership program (EL) highlights living models and practical solutions through the inspiring narratives of women leaders. It promotes feminine-centered leadership frameworks that support gender equity, the leadership of women, and restoring the balance of masculine and feminine qualities inherent in our institutions and society and in each of us. The program promotes leadership frameworks that are relational, collaborative, culturally diverse, intergenerational and appreciative of differences. It operates at the nexus of gender, equity, racial justice, cultural diversity and inner awareness. It’s informed by nature as mentor. It cultivates blended leadership that values the virtues of both feminine and masculine qualities, and invites the support and partnership of men.
The qualified candidate will be familiar with Bioneers, its mission and communities, as well as have an expansive, generalist knowledge of the diverse landscape of women’s leadership and gender equity. The candidate will ideally already be recognized for their leadership within the field. The candidate’s orientation must be team-based, outcomes-driven and collaborative, with an understanding of movement building. The EL Director will advance the program in its commitment to principles of social justice regarding women’s rights and equity, and provide the constructive, educational, empowering and inspiring space for redefining and reframing feminism for the current times that is inclusive, multi-cultural, multi-generational, multi-ethnic, and nature-based.
The candidate requires:
- Deep knowledge of multiple media platforms, media curation, and media distribution channels.
- An editorial voice that meets professional standards of journalism.
- Being a “people person” who can move adeptly and respectfully through many different issue areas, cultures, ages and worldviews; cultural and gender sensitivity are a must.
- Facility and experience with event production.
- Comfort with complexity and with coordinating multiple tasks at once.
Roles and Responsibilities
This role serves several key functions:
- To promote the outreach and distribution of Bioneers media content related to Women’s Leadership and Gender Equity in multiple markets and audiences including the general public, diverse media and online outlets, and social media platforms;
- To cultivate and develop networks of aligned organizations and women’s leadership and gender equity networks;
- To facilitate, manage and help grow working partnerships with aligned groups and leaders such as relevant civil society groups, advocacy groups, institutions and educational institutions;
- To support the success of relevant programmatic elements at the annual Bioneers conference, cultivate and sustain relationships, and conduct follow-up, documentation, media, and information gathering after the event.
- To help produce periodic live events;
- To help manage and produce periodic Women’s Leadership podcasts;
- Like all Bioneers staff, to support fundraising.
Bioneers Women’s Leadership media materials currently include:
- Everywoman’s Leadership Media Collections.
- Archive of radio shows, keynote videos and other recorded programming from the annual conference.
- “Moonrise” book.
- Bioneers newsletter and e-communications
The person will report directly to the Bioneers Executive Director, and interface with the CEO and the Founder of the Everywoman’s Leadership program. The person will work closely with the Bioneers Communications team.
This role requires strong communications and writing skills, and expertise in digital media communications. It requires strong interpersonal communications skills, cultural competency with diverse cultures, and highly effective project management ability.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Deep familiarity with digital journalism, outreach and engagement
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, WordPress, Adobe, Google Analytics, Mailchimp, SalesForce and database management, and project management tools.
- Excellent computer and research skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing in various formats
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Public speaking ability a plus
- Ability to take direction and feedback and put it into practice
The successful candidate for this position will be creative, flexible, open–minded, and excited about fulfilling program’s mission. Being a self–starter is an absolute must for this position, with a strong desire and will to continue learning and improving collaborative team skills.
This position is a full-time position based out of Bioneers headquarters, located in The Presidio, San Francisco. We work in a shared and open work environment. Physical Requirements: This role will be expected to participate and perform during the Bioneers annual conference.
Founded in 1990, Bioneers is a fertile hub of social and scientific innovators offering practical and visionary solutions for the world’s most pressing environmental and social challenges. Bioneers connects people with solution and, to each other to create a revolution from the heart of nature.
Bioneers illuminates the leading edges of transformational change and “the greatest people you’ve never heard of.” Our acclaimed national and local conferences are complemented by media outreach, including our award-winning radio and podcast series: The Bioneers: Revolution From the Heart of Nature. We provide a platform for communities of color, youth leadership, indigenous peoples and women leaders whose voices may seldom be heard elsewhere. Now in its 27th year, the Bioneers conference (c. 3,000 people annually) is a perennial wellspring of cutting-edge content and dynamic, diverse voices that supply the primary source for our public education and media outreach, a focal point to build community and collaboration. Our programs further focus on Public Education, Community Resilience Networks, Indigeneity, Youth Leadership, and Regenerative Food Systems.
As a community of leadership, Bioneers acts as a media amplifier for many respected leaders, a hatchery for young and emerging leaders, and a connection point for engaged citizens dedicated to making a difference. As an interdisciplinary network of networks, we span the arc of the human endeavor to reconcile the interdependence of human and natural systems. Learn more at http://www.bioneers.org.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and an updated CV / resume with salary history in order to be considered. Please send applications as PDFs or Word attachments.
Please include your last name and the position title in the subject line, and send applications to: Nikki Spangenburg, Human Resources Manager, at email@example.com
NO AGENCIES or CONSULTANTS or THIRD-PARTY SERVICES or INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS. No phone calls or email to the office or principal’s, please.
Thank you for your time and consideration! We look forward to hearing from you.
Bioneers // Collective Heritage Institute is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.