Bioneers seeks a full time Associate Director for its Every Woman’s Leadership program, to work in close collaboration with Program Director Nina Simons to develop the program’s online presence, fundraising, partnerships and outreach. Successful candidates must have interest in and familiarity with the women’s leadership world, be experienced at fundraising, web production and social networking, have excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, be both a good team player and self-starter, and be highly organized and efficient at time management. This position will likely be based in San Francisco, California.
Reports to: Every Woman's Leadership Director, President and Co-Founder, Nina Simons
Purpose: To develop, maintain and improve systems and networking sites, especially online, in support of the EWL program goals and in close collaboration with Program Director. Program work will focus on developing and maintaining web pages and social networking that support network development, discussion, shared learning and connection, and also on developing partnerships for media dissemination and mutual outreach, as well as funding relationships. The position will require skillfulness with social media and site content updates, and will benefit from SEO experience and other online skills. Candidates need have some familiarity with the Bay Area women’s leadership landscape, with strong relationship cultivation skills. The position portfolio will include: managing media and donor communications, implementating the annual Regranting Fund, partnership and funder cultivation, marketing of program materials, producing teleconferences and additional program outreach.
Primary Areas of Responsibility, EWL Associate Director:
- Develop, manage and maintain web pages for program, including creating pathways for conversations, connections and network cultivation through the site’s capacities
- Manage, cultivate and grow social network outreach and engagement for the program
- Manage media and communications related to program content, perhaps to include some marketing outreach (Radio series, Moonrise Anthology, Collections, websites)
- Implement, track and support proposals, reports and other communications with program funders, partners and prospective donors
- Meet with, explore viability and develop partnership relationships with other women-related orgs that help distribute media and offer mutual benefit and mission fulfillment
- Assist on project specific tasks such as constituent communications, measurement and tracking of program outcomes
- Implementation and reporting of annual EWL Regranting Fund
- Submission of a bi-weekly report for the EWL program
Skills and Experience Required for the Position:
Candidates must have prior familiarity with women’s leadership landscape, experience with web production, with excellent organizational skills as well as written and verbal communications. Grant writing or development experience necessary. Design experience and skills a plus.
Web-based skills needed for the position:
- Website Production
- Facebook, Google+ Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Google Docs and Microsoft Office Suite
- Survey Monkey & Mail Chimp
- Position is based in Bioneers office in San Francisco.
- This is a full-time position
- General business hours of availability will be Monday – Friday, 9 am – 5 pm. Occasional availability on weekends and evenings for travel, events and / or urgent meetings will be required.
- Local travel within the Bay Area and occasionally to Santa Fe office.
- Generous employee benefits after 90-days of employment
Bioneers is an innovative nonprofit educational organization that highlights breakthrough solutions for restoring people and planet. Founded in 1990 in Santa Fe, New Mexico by social entrepreneurs Kenny Ausubel and Nina Simons, Bioneers has acted as a fertile hub of social and scientific innovators with practical and visionary solutions for the world’s most pressing environmental and social challenges. A celebration of the genius of nature and human ingenuity, Bioneers connects people with breakthrough solutions and each other. Our acclaimed annual national and local conferences are complemented by extensive media outreach including an award-winning radio series, book series, and role in media projects such as Leonardo DiCaprio’s film The 11th Hour. Our programs further focus on Every Woman’s Leadership, Indigenous Wisdom, Community Resilience Networks, Restorative Farming Systems, Leadership Development and Youth. Learn more at www.bioneers.org and www.conference.bioneers.org.
Bioneers is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Cover Letter and CV may be pasted into the email body or attached as a PDF or Word Document, ONLY.
- Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered.
- Please include an updated CV / resume WITH SALARY HISTORY. (Applications without salary history will not be considered)
- Please INCLUDE YOUR LAST NAME + JOB TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE and send to: careers (AT) bioneers (DOT) org
We will contact applicants of interest. Thank you for your time and consideration.
NO AGENCIES or CONSULTANTS or THIRD-PARTY SERVICES or INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS. No phone calls or email to the office or principals, please.