After a successful debut in 2012, Great Lakes Bioneers Chicago will host its second annual Bioneers event from November 1-3, at Roosevelt University’s Chicago campus. There will be something for everyone, including:
- Empowering peer to peer sessions on Friday, led by some of Chicago’s finest innovators. Each of these sessions will moderated and focus on one of six major themes (food, water, waste, shelter, energy and community resilience). They are being designed to be fun, fast-paced and culminate in an action plan. See Friday’s schedule for more.
- Education and awareness-raising workshops, with a focus on action. Workshops on hydrofracking and tar sands, for example, will be followed with strategy sessions to help move positive agendas forward.
- Fun, interactive skillshares, providing attendees an introduction on a wide range of topics, including time banking; dealing with racism; tree coppicing; beekeeping.
- Time to network with keynotes, local speakers, colleagues and friends. Most of our keynote speakers are making themselves accessible all three days, and will be involved in Friday workshops; our Friday evening reception and book signing; optional Sunday breakfast; and more.
- A designated track on Friday for High School Youth (details coming soon).
- Inspiring music, dance and poetry, including our Saturday closing when we will “Sing for the Climate“, which will be filmed and then registered on the international website by the same name.
- Exhibit Hall showcasing Chicago’s change makers. Click here for information on how you can exhibit in historic Fainman Hall.
Get a Glimpse of Last Year’s Event!
Great Lakes Bioneers Chicago is a newly-formed, local affiliate of Bioneers that highlights breakthrough solutions for restoring people and the planet. Our vision for the future is rooted in nature-inspired solutions to the world’s most pressing social justice and environmental challenges.
Register and learn more: www.bioneerschicago.org