The Bioneers Development Manager is an administrative position with responsibility for providing systems management, research, event support and general administrative support for all fundraising activities of the organization. This position is responsible for a number of key tasks important to advancing fund raising goals for the organization. The Development Manager serves as coordinator of fund raising activities and provides support for key fund raisers. Contact with the public and coordination of work flow for key staff members requires excellent organizational and communication skills.
The Development Manager works closely with the Executive Team of the organization, including the CEO, President, Executive Director, VP of Finance and Chief Operating and Outreach Officer. In addition, this position works closely with Program Directors to support their efforts to raise funds for their program areas. Other staff manage Conference Sponsorships and Marketing, but the Development Manager will ensure that areas of overlap with fund raising are managed professionally and effectively. The Development Manager has a key working relationship with the Donor Records Manager and will work closely with him/her to ensure accurate and timely management of donor records and benchmarks.
- Conducts research on potential sources of funding including individuals, foundations and corporations;
- Tracks financial data related to fund raising and prepares regular reports on status of funds received and progress toward goals;
- Maintains stewardship information to ensure required stewardship activities are accomplished on schedule;
- Coordinates stewardship and cultivation events, including securing venues, arranging food and beverage. Works with Chief Operating and Outreach Officer and other senior staff to ensure quality of program and events;
- Assists with grant proposal writing;
- Conducts demographic research on organizational database to identify donors who have major donor capacity;
- Working with the Marketing and Communications team, develops collateral fund raising materials
- Provides administrative support to Chief Operating and Outreach Officer, Executive \
- Familiarity with and experience in non profit fund raising
- Excellent administrative skills
- Experience with donor stewardship activities
- Experience in event planning
- Excellent research skills
- Strong computer literacy and proficiency with MS Office, Adobe, PowerPoint, Google Docs / Drive, project management tools (Dropbox, Box.com, etc)
- Experience with donor database management and implementation — Raiser’s Edge experience preferred
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team, while setting and managing multiple priorities
- Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail;
- Excellent communications skills
- Excellent people skills
- Highly collaborative
- Two or more years of prior non profit fund raising experience is desirable
- Two or more years of working in an office environment is required
- Experience working directly with the public and as part of a high functioning team
- Excellent computer skills
- Demonstrated professionalism and discretion in handling sensitive or confidential matters
- Position is based in Bioneers office in San Francisco.
- This is a full-time position
- General business hours of availability will be Monday – Friday, 9 am – 5 pm. Occasional availability on weekends and evenings for travel, events and / or urgent meetings will be required.
- Local travel within the Bay Area, for cultivation and stewardship events and meetings, will be required; occasional national travel
- Generous employee benefits after 90-days of employment
Founded in 1990, Bioneers is a national non-profit dedicated to advancing whole-systems solutions to global challenges. We advocate for Ecological, Social and Cultural wellness through our events, media and community networks. Learn more at www.bioneers.org and www.conference.bioneers.org.
Bioneers is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Cover Letter and CV may be pasted into the email body or attached as a PDF or Word Document, ONLY.
- Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered.
- Please include an updated CV / resume WITH SALARY HISTORY. (Applications without salary history will not be considered)
- Please INCLUDE YOUR LAST NAME + JOB TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE and send to: careers (AT) bioneers (DOT) org
We will contact applicants of interest. Thank you for your time and consideration.
NO AGENCIES or CONSULTANTS or THIRD-PARTY SERVICES or INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS. No phone calls or email to the office or principals, please.