Bioneers seeks a Development Assistant to work with a team of individuals related to organizational fundraising who will support the Development Manager in ensuring the smooth and seamless integration of fundraising related duties, activities and deadlines.
This is a part-time position, 25 hours per week, based out of Bioneers headquarters, located in The Presidio, San Francisco.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Salesforce Database management (preferred but not required)
- Experience in non-profit development department (preferred but not required)
- Excellent computer and research skills
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing, in various formats
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Donor coordination and tracking
- Maintaining the constituent database (Salesforce) through data entry and integrity, coordinating all aspects of the gift cycle, and forward stewardship opportunities.
Fundraising campaigns coordination
- Support Development planning and logistics for house parties and other special events as they arise.
- Assist with annual fundraising campaign.
- Support donor correspondence, tracking and mailings.
Grant proposals and letters of intent
- Identify Major Donors through research and tracking, including deadlines and requirements.
- Assist in writing grant proposals and LOI’s.
General administrative duties
- Support Development department in answering development email messages, telephone calls, letters, and steward donor relationships through prompt and accurate communication.
- Support in providing fundraising packets and up-to-date information to solicitors (Executive Team, Board of Directors, key staff, etc.).
- Maintaining development office supplies and systems.
Board Meeting Coordination
- Booking lodging for quarterly board meetings, preparing agenda, meeting documents, and meeting minutes and distribute to Board members as well as other related duties.
- VIP and donor conference production and coordination to include but not limited to conference registration, hotel rooms, and related events.
- In-kind donations coordination for conference and year-around program needs.
- Phone Tree: This is one of a selection of positions at Bioneers that is required to and responsible to assist in front-line phone tree answering responding professionally to queries from conference registrants.
- Degree preferred but not required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a not-for-profit development department (preferred but not required).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Salesforce Database management preferred but not required.
- Excellent computer and research skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing, in various formats.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Excellent interpersonal skills that supports interaction with potential donors and the general public.
- Ability to take direction and feedback and put it into practice.
- Demonstrates creativity in coming up with fundraising opportunities and executing events successfully.
This position reports to the Development Manager.
The successful candidate for this position will be detail-orientated, creative, flexible, and excited about supporting fundraising for a better world. This position is part-time, 25 hours per week, located at Bioneers HQ in The Presidio, San Francisco. We work in a shared and open work environment. Physical Requirements: Candidate will be required to lift up to 20 pounds. At the Annual Conference hours are long and the Development Assistant will need to be able to get to and from multiple locations on site quickly and may be required to be on their feet for long periods of time.
Founded in 1990, Bioneers acts as a fertile hub of social and scientific innovators with practical and visionary solutions for the world’s most pressing environmental and social challenges. Bioneers connects people with solutions and each other to create a revolution from the heart of nature.
Bioneers illuminates the leading edges of transformational change and “the greatest people you’ve never heard of.” Our acclaimed national and local conferences are complemented by media outreach, including our award-winning radio and podcast series, The Bioneers: Revolution From the Heart of Nature. We provide a platform for communities of color, indigenous peoples and women leaders whose voices may seldom be heard elsewhere. Now in its 27th year, the Bioneers conference (c. 3,000 people annually) is a perennial wellspring of cutting-edge content and dynamic, diverse voices that supply the primary source for our public education and media outreach a focal point to build community and collaboration.
As a community of leadership, Bioneers acts as a media amplifier for many respected leaders, a hatchery for young and emerging leaders, and a connection point for engaged citizens dedicated to making a difference. As an interdisciplinary network of networks, we span the arc of the human endeavor to reconcile the interdependence of human and natural systems.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and an updated CV / resume with salary history in order to be considered. Please send applications as PDFs or Word attachments.
Please include your last name and the position title in the subject line, and send applications to: Human Resources Manager, at email@example.com
NO AGENCIES or CONSULTANTS or THIRD-PARTY SERVICES or INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS. No phone calls or email to the office or principal’s, please.
Thank you for your time and consideration! We look forward to hearing from you.
Bioneers // Collective Heritage Institute is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.